DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Airpax 125v 250A Circuit Breaker came today and i just had a few questions about it.

1. Is it necessary to mount it vertical? It says that on the sticker, but ive seen many other people ignore that and just mount it horizontally.
  2. What are the three small pins on the back side for? as far as i know i dont use them.
  3. Is there an ideal spot in the circuit to put it? i was thinking before the contactor and controller but after the shunt.

Thanks
Jake

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
My Airpax 125v 250A Circuit Breaker came today and i just had a few questions about it.

1. Is it necessary to mount it vertical? It says that on the sticker, but ive seen many other people ignore that and just mount it horizontally.
  2. What are the three small pins on the back side for? as far as i know i dont use them.
  3. Is there an ideal spot in the circuit to put it? i was thinking before the contactor and controller but after the shunt.

Thanks
Jake
I have the same breaker and I mount it horizontally, I don't use the extra pins (there are a secondary, low amp breaker) and I have it set up under my emergency brake. http://civicity.blogspot.com/2008/11/circuit-breaker.html

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks for clearing that up. I like how you mounted it. Ill either do something like that if i find a good spot, or mount the breaker under the hood and use a clutch cable and pull switch to activate it

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
ok thanks for clearing that up. I like how you mounted it. Ill either do something like that if i find a good spot, or mount the breaker under the hood and use a clutch cable and pull switch to activate it
As long as you have a way to disconnect it while in the driver's seat that should be fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.