DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to convert the gauges in my 71 Corvette to screens, but customize the display so it looks a lot like the original gauges, styling and all.

Question is, so 5" circular display exist at not insane prices?

Will I be basically forced to get one of those 12.3" tft digital dash displays instead, and waste a lot of screen real estate?

Btw I really with AEM had larger digital dash sizes than 7"!

·
Registered
7 Posts
The fella over at bmwcse.com used a round display he sourced from Alibaba.com and controlled it with a Raspberry Pi:

Add a Dash of Display — BMW CSE

If you dig through his Instagram page, you can see that he started out with a square display with the wasted real estate like you mentioned.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The fella over at bmwcse.com used a round display he sourced from Alibaba.com and controlled it with a Raspberry Pi:

Add a Dash of Display — BMW CSE.
Oh wow I had no idea this project existed, just subbed to the youtube channel and instagram

And that's basically the exact display setup I was looking at, posted a comment on his video asking for an alibaba link and possibly source code

Two of those and I'm basically all set. The long startup time is a little weird though, wonder if I can skirt that by using various rbpi low power standby modes and just living with a little bit of amp drain while the car's sitting

1 - 3 of 3 Posts