DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Along the lines of my last post (Components of a an EV), can I just put in a higher mAH battery in my Citroen AMI to achieve better distance?

Will the controller recognize that the battery is 'different' than stock and reflect the correct usage % on the dashboard? I would suspect so, as it is just a basic measurement, however any feedback is appreciated.

Also, if anyone has accessed the internals via the OBDC, please let me know. Before I invest in the bits, I am interested what can be found there

·
Registered
1 Posts
If we can double the range of this thing, I will buy one. There is plently of storage around the batteries and on the back of the driver seats. So space for batteries should not be a problem. We could possibly fit 2 AMI Batteries one on top of the other in Parallel or with a controller to switch from the empty to the full one, that would be awesome. Or if they could come out with a solid state battery

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If we can double the range of this thing, I will buy one. There is plently of storage around the batteries and on the back of the driver seats. So space for batteries should not be a problem. We could possibly fit 2 AMI Batteries one on top of the other in Parallel or with a controller to switch from the empty to the full one, that would be awesome. Or if they could come out with a solid state battery
If we ran two batteries in parallel, would the charging system still be the same? I suppose the display still indicate the correct info is as far as charging time and 'remaining distance'.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
^^ You don't need a controller. Just a switch and a set of contactors to swap the batteries.

But the entire point of Ami is to be light weight. Lugging an extra battery around seems silly.

Why do you need more range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts