DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am Just starting a Low budget build based on a Citroen C3 and a Yale Forklift.
The C3 should be well known to those in Europe and the UK, but not perhaps to those in the states. The citroen C3 is a small rotund five door eurobox.
The Base car was until Wednesday night commuter transport, until it broke the timing belt. It was then recovered from the side of the road on Thursday and became the base for my first EV project.

The forklift i hope to have back home this week, it is a yale and is complete with charger but the batteries were scrapped some time ago.

A citroen C3.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Trying to work out a practical lightweight battery bank option for this Conversion. I am interested in any info or opinions on utilising 48v server batteries.
I have not yet found a supply of these in the uk, but sure something will be available.

Here is a link to a video i found on the style of battery i am thinking of using in my battery bank.
https://youtu.be/orj74-VETik

·
Super Moderator
1,343 Posts
I was going to suggest avoiding server batteries, as lead-acids are garbage...

But I see these are 56x 18650 cells. $168/kwh.

That's not an amazing deal, but it's not bad.

Form factor probably is convenient, especially if you're ditching the cases.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi thanks for your comments, I have not looked into this any further at the moment.
I have been taking my time stripping the C3 and Selling every last part i can.

And anything i can do without in the car, is being removed.
Was surprised how heavy the whole aircon system was, couple that with coolant exhaust and catalytic converter, We have not even started on the heavy part the engine.
Stripping out the unwanted wiring, once i worked out what i need to keep should save me a few lbs. I think i can lose 5cwt with the engine removed, then we will be getting somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts