DIY Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
The site is responsive, so it will adjust automatically for you from any device desktop to tablet to mobile.

Is the following what you are seeing?

- Cricket
Hi Cricket,

sorry for the delayed response… Because of the review, I didn’t realize you had answered.

Yes that’s what I’m seeing. I’m on my iPhone. In the past I’ve been able to switch back to desktop mode. I can’t anymore. Is that built into the new system? No way to choose for myself which view I want to see?

Thanks
—Clipper

·
Registered
72 Posts
That’s supposed to be “because of the new view“ not “because of the review.“
Damn Siri! LOL…

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Hi Cricket,

sorry for the delayed response… Because of the review, I didn’t realize you had answered.

Yes that’s what I’m seeing. I’m on my iPhone. In the past I’ve been able to switch back to desktop mode. I can’t anymore. Is that built into the new system? No way to choose for myself which view I want to see?

Thanks
—Clipper
The site is responsive so it automatically resizes accordingly. You could look to see if your browser adds more options.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
will you update old topics that had non https pictures linked in them? many many hours of work has been lost if not :(
Indeed, we've asked them to make this change in the past, and even provided technically support on how to do it. They promised they would. They also promised they would restore the Garage section, and we even raised volunteers to do the work, all they had to do was give us access so we could complete the job. Got ignored for months.

The amount of data visible is terrible...see old vs new:
This is something other communities have requested they change. There are surely parameters in the software that can be tweaked. In my opinion it should be up to the communities as to how they want these tweaks. This whole redesign was designed around their mobile app, which they botched so badly they've now abandoned, that's why it's all white-space heavy. Cricket just ignored this during that transition too.

Basically he's just here to copy-paste FAQs about the transition, and to keep people calm with lies about how they're going to be here for us and listening to feedback. You'll notice he ignores any topic or suggestion that he doesn't want to be confronted with, and usually dogpiles pages of copypasta to bury the criticism or things he hopes everyone ignores. Whether his own choice or, him doing the best he can within the limits Vertical Scope puts on him and what his actual goal is, who knows.

I'd like to be hopeful but Vertical Scope's history of trying to ignore problems away while smiling and telling us our feedback is valuable doesn't give me much of a positive outlook.

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi Cricket,

will you update old topics that had non https pictures linked in them? many many hours of work has been lost if not :(

Also, I cannot even find these topice, because I cannot search for topics started by myself...
Have you checked the following page?

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

Select "My Discussions".

If you can give me a few links to discussions you are referencing, I can check on the issue you are seeing.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Cricket,

Thanks
—Clipper
The site automatically resizes according to your device and screen size. You could check if your browser option offer anything different.

- Cricket

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
They are actually working on improving the stats on the homepage.

For now, the information can be found within Following.

Click on your avatar near the upper right-hand corner of the site and select “following” from the drop-down menu.

This will bring you to a page where you can choose to view followed discussions, forums, your discussions, and participated discussions.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
For now, the information can be found within Following.
I can find my own threads that way yes.

But what I'm looking for is threads started by another user, I remember specific old threads, or I see a reference to a thread they had but no one linked it.

How do I find that thread?

They are actually working on improving the stats on the homepage.
I think you've misunderstood.

I'm not asking someone to "improve the stats on the homepage". On this topic, I'm just asking for the forums to actually work the way they're described. Clicking on the button to see discussions created, does not show the discussions created. It doesn't need to be "improved". It just needs to be fixed. It's broken.

·
Administrator
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I'm not asking someone to "improve the stats on the homepage". On this topic, I'm just asking for the forums to actually work the way they're described. Clicking on the button to see discussions created, does not show the discussions created. It doesn't need to be "improved". It just needs to be fixed. It's broken.
That is exactly what I am referring to. They are working on making the stats work properly on the profile pages.

- Cricket

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
That is exactly what I am referring to. They are working on making the stats work properly on the profile pages.
I don't know if I'm just not explaining this correctly, or if I'm not understanding what you're saying...

I don't care about "the stats". I don't care about the numbers. I don't care about "improvements" or upgrades.

There is a function of the website that is broken. It does not work. The part that does not work is the ability to search for threads created by a given user.

Pardon me if I'm seeming obtuse, but I want to be really clear because this is something that's been pointed out in other Vertical Scope communities repeatedly, for months, and has been ignored or gone unresolved, and you claim that that doesn't happen (things being broken and VS ignoring things being broken).

Further, half the content of our website here has been disabled and gone for over a year (2 years?) and despite repeated (5? 10? 15?) promises that it would get fixed, and despite our own offers to use our volunteers to fix it (something VS told us to organize and we'd be allowed to do), hasn't gotten done. Can we get some acknowledgement that anyone at Vertical Scope is even aware of this and has a plan to resolve it? Or is it just going to be ignored again like it has been for the last 2 years?

21 - 33 of 33 Posts