DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted this in the ebay section but want to put it here before I plan this trip.

Heres the deal:

Im dismantling 3 solectria step vans, with as few as 1400 miles. These were converted at the factory and were well kept.

for 3200 you would get EVERYTHING! charger, motor, invertor. guages, etc, the motors are 78kw rated.

Once I have 2 buyers, I will have my guy remove the parts and prep them for shipping. If you live on the east coast, delivery is a possibility.

Let me know, this deal needs to happen fast if its going to happen :)
Tom

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
(One left!) Re: Complete Solectria Drive Systems! ($3200, charger included)

Al "Crusin" Is getting one, just one left, Then we can go take these suckers apart! :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here is a more thourough description:

The system is 312 v nominal
Comes with 3.3kw (312v 20a) chargers that run on 220/240

Comes with 1 ac50 Solectria motor (13 inch)

Comes with 1 UMOC 440f controller rated at 78kw (364v x 250a)

Each kit will come with everything that makes the van an ev that you care to ship, contactors, guages, electric power steering pumps, throttles etc)

One left for the moment, ill be arranging for my guy to go to Mass and dismantle the trucks as soon as we get the second buyer.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Im still learning about evs and dont understand it all yet. I have a VW bus that I am looking to convert, would this set up work? Also can the charger be somehow converted so I could plug it into 120 or even 30amp outlet (like an RV uses) ?

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I would say the Solectria would be damn near perfect for the VW van!
Ill leave it up to smarter guys then me to answer the 120 / 240 question. (Im interested in knowing it myself)

I will say this though, I had a 240 outlet installed not long ago for a hot tub, it was like $120 not too much.
Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have the dryer outlet at home that could be used. But I can also charge at work with 120 and............ I plan on towing the VW 4 down behind my RV but would need to charge it when on the road from my generator, or hook it up somehow to my 24 volt alternator (I have a 6v92 detroit diesel, the BIG one in my RV) maybe with an inverter, and be able to charge it when parked at a campground which almost always has 30amp outlets.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Getting it down to 120, Im still waiting on a solution, it should be fairly straightforward, running an inverter from those huge alternators, my guess is no prob, Ive seen a lot of truckers running ac units and even microwave ovens with inverters.

I have entertained a few inquiries, it looks like were close to having 2 solid buyers on this, its a super deal, it would be great to wrap this up today :)
Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
I found a step up inverter to use with my regular household inverter off the alternator....... this solves part of the problem. I would still need to be able to charge it from time to time off my Onan 3500 generator that will actually be in the VW.

·
Registered
20 Posts
No it doesnt :( I sent you a PM though about shipping cuz I live in California and that might be a problem..... I may be able to wire the step up inverter into both the generator and the alternator, but have some kind of an easy disconnect from the alternator for when I want to cruise around in the VW without the RV

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I did a quick UPS lookup on the heaviest object, the motor itself, its roughly 150 lbs and would cost $145 from Mass to LA California all the parts shouldent cost more then 500 to ship, and thats a quick look at UPS, ill work with the buyers to get as good a deal as possible and prep and deliver the parts to the terminal in Mass.

400 is a fair guess in my opinion.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
(1 still left!) Re: Complete Solectria Drive Systems! ($3200, charger included)

One of the California buyers had to pass, that leaves one complete drive package up for grabs!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
(One left again! :) Re: Complete Solectria Drive Systems! ($3200, charger included)

One left, I have a few people saying they are interested, waiting for someone to show me the money! :)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts