DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to make a water proof box for my ATV EV project, and i cant seem to find through the wall box connectors... i am probably using the wrong name, but i'm looking for connectors that are waterproof, can be mounted to a box, and come with a connector where i can plug a cable into.

The main goal is to create a sealed box for any water sensitive components... anyone know what i am thinking about and where to best find them?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I think the words that might help your search are "flush mount" and " ip** " where xx are 2 numbers relating to dust and water ingress rating eg IP67

·
Registered
396 Posts
I want to make a water proof box for my ATV EV project, and i cant seem to find through the wall box connectors... i am probably using the wrong name, but i'm looking for connectors that are waterproof, can be mounted to a box, and come with a connector where i can plug a cable into.

The main goal is to create a sealed box for any water sensitive components... anyone know what i am thinking about and where to best find them?

Something like this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1PC-10A-250VAC-IEC320-C14-Panel-Mount-Screw-In-Male-Plug-Connector-USA-SELLER/302436520320?hash=item466a9f1180:g:WhYAAOSwBLdZqZDk

or this?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/IEC320-C14-Red-Light-Rocker-Switch-Fused-fuse-Inlet-Male-Connector-Plug-125V-10A/401451145054?hash=item5d785a575e:g:-ssAAOSwzRlaHzuI

·
Registered
65 Posts
for larger single cables, like welding cables for power connections I often use standard PGxx cable glands. They're about $3 to $15 each depending how robust and what size cable you need to run through them.

I've also used panel-mount XT-60 connectors from the RC world for charging port on some batteries that only need 20 or 30A connection for charging. XT60 goes up to 50A I think and I was able to get some panel-mount kits cheap online and seal them into a case wall with urethane or silicone or something. Not milspec watertight but good enough for my needs.

good luck.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
for larger single cables, like welding cables for power connections I often use standard PGxx cable glands. They're about $3 to $15 each depending how robust and what size cable you need to run through them.

I've also used panel-mount XT-60 connectors from the RC world for charging port on some batteries that only need 20 or 30A connection for charging. XT60 goes up to 50A I think and I was able to get some panel-mount kits cheap online and seal them into a case wall with urethane or silicone or something. Not milspec watertight but good enough for my needs.

good luck.
Thanks. I have been using glands, but I was looking for a multi wire solution. Glands take up too much space and to many to put through for a dozen+ 12ga wires

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts