DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello I'm new, and it's my first time writing in a forum in general, if I do something wrong just tell.

I have an ems system on my car and issues to control my idle motor, wherever settings I change o how I do the wiring nothing changes.

The motor has a 3 wires connector, 1mass 2 pos. Whe its no voltage the butterfly stays in midle pos (actually it's not a butterfly it's a kind of excentric hole thats makes bigger smaller)
If I connect direct to a batt to one wire once get 12v it get a hard hit and open full. Same to the other pos wire but closing complete.

I'm wondering if I can make an instalation with one or two potenciometers/ relays and control my idle manually inside of the car.

Its for a track day car so it's one of the lasts opcions before remove and open more the butterfly.

The ecu only controls 2wires motors so I only can work half to open or half to close I try both I can get a more or less stable idle but I only can change changing ign and afr settings, not idle settings.

Will be great have click potenciometer when its cold and parking you put a bit more etc..

·
Registered
4,064 Posts
Unfortunately, this isn't a Gas vehicle forum..... this forum is for people building electric vehicles (powered from battery only).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry I forgot say thanks, and sorry if I don't have good knowledge in this thinks, I always push to learn!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh shit sorry, anyway do you know if something like that can be useful??
at the end I want control a stepper motor with potenciometers but I don't know what by resistances etc.. thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts