DIY Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 72 of 72 Posts

· Registered
2002 Chevy S-10 LS 4x4 Club Cab
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Update from Hank,
My son and I have started moving forward on my S-10 full color change full body wrap. Here's some pics to show what we have done, please enjoy. Have a good summer.
Hank Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Don't forget to change the color on your vehicle registration. You'll get pulled over under suspicion of plate swapping.
Thank you, Mr Remy the Martian,.
I remember the lady at the tag office back on December stated something about, I asked what the charges were to have that part of my paperwork changed? I was surprised to learn their were no charges, she told me to wait until
the job was totally done, then stop by with my registration and they could do it in about 10 minutes . Thankyou for your input, have a great day. Just finished the fourth wheel today. Now they all match.
Hank

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 · (Edited)
Decided not to convert this vehicle to hybrid. Just plan on maintaining it and the wrap gives it some appeal. The Android radio my son installed on the way home brings it back to modern day technologies. The truck now has Bluetooth to the phone, "gps", rear view license plate camera, dashcam plus a lot more features too. Took out the original Delco Am/fm cd/ cassette player radio and replaced it with the android. Big difference what this $200 upgrade for me from Amazon. Where the old cassette player was located is now my cell phone holder recharger.
Enjoy, Hank
Car Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle Vehicle audio
Automotive design Car Vehicle audio Personal luxury car Center console

Personal luxury car Vehicle audio Auto part Automotive design Technology
Car Vehicle Speedometer Motor vehicle Steering part
Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Decided not to convert this vehicle to hybrid. Just plan on maintaining it and the wrap gives it some appeal. The Android radio my son installed on the way home brings it back to modern day technologies. The truck now has Bluetooth to the phone, "gps", rear view license plate camera, dashcam plus a lot more features too. Took out the original Delco Am/fm cd/ cassette player radio and replaced it with the android. Big difference what this $200 upgrade for me from Amazon. Where the old cassette player was located is now my cell phone holder recharger.
Enjoy, Hank
View attachment 131994 View attachment 131996 View attachment 131995

View attachment 131997 View attachment 131998 View attachment 132001

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I did not do much this weekend on the truck wrap project. I tried my skills wrapping again but did approve on something I once did. Please see examples
below.
Hank

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood
BEFORE photo taken several months ago. Car Grille Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle
AFTER photo taken today -improved

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Fall in Colorado, Colorful Colorado as it is known! Waiting for Son to have some time, to resume wrap project. Have a good day everyone, take some time to slow down a little, Please
enjoy Life.
Hank
Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle Car

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 · (Edited)
SUNDAY: update photo
Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light Automotive parking light

Here's is todays pic of the week: Black and White- Recent snow dusting here in Colorado High Country with shots of last weekends wrap Project status. Please enjoy and Reply. Have a happy thanksgiving. Hank
Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle
Still have this side to finish.

· Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 · (Edited)
My understanding is that a wrap is good for about five years, so get 'er done or you'll be wrapping the wrap part forever. 😛
A lot of factors play into the LIFE of a wrap, some are warranted up to seven years as long you are willing to jump thru all of the hoops. I plan on doing all reasonable plans to maintain mine, I have already applied a Ceramic top coat to help maintain it. Other things suggested is minimize sun exposure, I can do that have a garage for it, not use car washes, wraps don't like pressure washers anyway, I can hand wash. Wash often, I like to wash cars too. One of the beauty's of a wrap is if one panel goes bad you can change just one panel. For instance the hood cost about $40 to wrap, mine is Gloss Black, next time I may go with matte carbon fiber or maybe a bright blue carbon fiber. Anyway you change the whole look of the vehicle if you change one panel. This time around I am using Gloss Black for the main body with Black Carbon Fiber for the highlight's. Thanks for your interests
Hank

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle
Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car
Automotive parking light Tire Car Wheel Automotive tire
Wheel Tire Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light
Car Grille Vehicle Hood Motor vehicle

61 - 72 of 72 Posts