DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process of bench testing a permanent magnet electric motor when I cam across a bit of a hiccup. The motor is wired to an axe7245 alltrax motor controller, a 0-5000 ohm pot box and is running on 24v. After everything was wired up I went to test it and discovered that the motor did not turn. The controller turned on and flashed a green light and then went to a steady green light. I am puzzled at this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
I am currently in the process of bench testing a permanent magnet electric motor when I cam across a bit of a hiccup. The motor is wired to an axe7245 alltrax motor controller, a 0-5000 ohm pot box and is running on 24v. After everything was wired up I went to test it and discovered that the motor did not turn. The controller turned on and flashed a green light and then went to a steady green light. I am puzzled at this issue and any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi mcmic,

Kinda hard to tell with all that information you give us :rolleyes: Good photos showing the wiring always help. Voltage measurements a various points in the circuit help. Controller settings help.

Just a flyer........A lot of times, the pot is wired backassward. Like 5k to zero instead of zero to 5k. Other times it is a permissive switch like voltage to a keyswitch terminal.

Got a 6 or 12V battery to test the motor by itself?

Regards,

major

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.