DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Converting 2011 Nissan Leaf to a 2017 60 kWh battery

1704 Views 6 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  Electric Land Cruiser
I would like to know if anyone has a good source for the parts to convert my car. I went to a school for ev cars but am finding it hard to get the source. Please help
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1996 Toyota Land Cruiser
688 Posts
It's an easy upgrade. 2017 only had 30kwh. I have done a couple of these upgrades in Colorado if you are in the area. You need a CAN-Bridge to make the newer batteries compatible with 2011/2012 LEAFs. You need to buy a battery or a salvage LEAF with the battery you want the rest is straightforward.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's an easy upgrade. 2017 only had 30kwh. I have done a couple of these upgrades in Colorado if you are in the area. You need a CAN-Bridge to make the newer batteries compatible with 2011/2012 LEAFs. You need to buy a battery or a salvage LEAF with the battery you want the rest is straightforward.
yeah I found a battery brand new for 7k usd but where can I get the can- bridge and battery sync obd2 device?

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.