DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I have completed my 63 VW Beetle I have the HPEVS AC 50 and Curtis 1238. I am using 5 Tesla Mod S modules. I have a Prius throttle, problem is I cannot get much power, sure, it goes up to about 35 mph and even with my foot to the floor, thats about it.. I think the problem is that I do not have the correct parameters set. I have the Curtis hand held programmer, but I have no idea what the correct parameters should be. Where can I get the correct parameters for this setup . I should be able to go like a scalded cat. Any help would be much appreciated
Thanks
bob
Vancouver BC

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Try calling the place that sold you the Curtis and motor. Also HPEVS might be willing to assist you.

Suggest you read the manual before calling and copy/list all present parameters. I'd also use the handset and record all the performance data at standstill and at speed. Confirm your wiring diagram.

Regards,

major

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Curtis handheld programmer I am using, doesnt do much, you can only see what you have put in. There is an OEM programmer that can do a lot more, but I do not have access to one
Thanks for the input
Bob

1 - 5 of 5 Posts