DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I'm not long reading this forum and I couldn't find a topic like that.

Did somebody used parts from a crashed auto (Zoe, leaf, etc)?

If the motor, controller, etc (usually not battery is available ) are in a good condition, could that been use or it would be a nightmare software?

My idea is convert an old Mx5 as other did before but maybe I can uses the resources from a actual car.

Ideas?
Thank you

·
Registered
5,256 Posts
Keep reading and searching. It is very common to use battery cells from wrecked vehicles, and using the motor (and other components to varying degrees) is a very common subject of discussion.

Using any of the electronics (inverters, controllers, battery management systems) is complicated by the need to understand both the hardware and the software.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys!

There is so much information than for a new person it is difficult to sort it out.

I'll have farther look, and check if it makes sense to buy a car for 3000? in order to use basically the motor, because I find them without batteries.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I'll have farther look, and check if it makes sense to buy a car for 3000? in order to use basically the motor, because I find them without batteries.
3000 Euro's is quite a high price for a car without battery... in the UK we typically see Leaf's in the 2500-5000 GBP range at auction for 2014+ crashed but repairable cars including the battery.

Here's a good example, a fully loaded 2014 Leaf Tekna which we estimated required 500 GBP in parts to repair :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
3000 Euro's is quite a high price for a car without battery... in the UK we typically see Leaf's in the 2500-5000 GBP range at auction for 2014+ crashed but repairable cars including the battery.

Here's a good example, a fully loaded 2014 Leaf Tekna which we estimated required 500 GBP in parts to repair :cool:
That sounds like a great deal. However, the steering wheel is not in the perfect side for driving here, if not I could go there and buy one

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A3003 mediante Tapatalk

·
Registered
363 Posts
For those looking to get parts and cars, do so as soon as possible...

In the next coming months there will be a MASSIVE influx of EV parts and cars.

However they will neglect to tell you that these parts and cars have spent more than a week under water, and came from the greater Houston area.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts