Registered
8,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
153 Posts
Great news!:)
Is there something wrong when one man with a vision can do that and mega-million companies struggle to do an electric midget car?:confused:

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Is there something wrong when one man with a vision can do that and mega-million companies struggle to do an electric midget car?
No. He doesn't have to sell at a profit while competing with ice-powered cars that have the benefit of over 100 years and millions of person-hours of development and real world testing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
The specs being hinted at are impressive. This car will set many world records when it comes to fruition(if it hasn't already been tested to such extremes in secret). For all of the horsepower that it has, why limit it to 306 kph? It seems like it needs a 2-speed transmission, although building one capable of handling that kind of power would be no simple feat.

One could easily sink $100,000 into something like this to get the figures you are hinting at(and may have even tested!).

I hope it comes in at a reasonable weight; there are enough 4,000 lb, > 7 CdA(in sq ft) lardasses driving around the roadways advertising themselves as sportscars. I can understand if it ends up being heavy though, as a 92 kWh pack is going to weigh almost a ton. that, and additional weight helps add stability at high speeds.

Any plans to sell the Rimac battery modules?

I am anxiously awaiting to see what it looks like. I am highly impressed with your work and wish I merely had the opportunity to work on something like this. *drool*

·
Registered
66 Posts
That's really amazing!
I'm looking forward to be on the IAA in Frankfurt and see that car.

Mate, if you are looking for assistant drivers for a test drive on the IAA...ok, I will forget :D

Congratulations and respect for that project.
Kind regards,
Tom

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I think cro has connections.:D Heck of a job putting together that team and developing such a car. Great that he is using as many Croatian suppliers as possible.

1 - 20 of 168 Posts