DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Curtis 1234SE-5471 Speed Limiter

571 Views 2 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  WhostheBossk
I've been doing a ton of research to try and figure this out, so figured I'd post here and see if anyone with much more knowledge than me has some insight they can share. To be as concise as possible, I have a small, non-road legal vehicle that has a Curtis 1234SE-5471 Controller installed on the motor. It was imported and has a speed limiter on two of the Speed Modes that were pre-programmed in the VCL. I am trying to simply remove the speed limiter and revert back to the programmed VCL so I have full access to all of the modes at their intended speeds. I have a Curtis 1313-4331 (OEM) HHP and have had success changing the Control Mode (which was set on 2-Torque Mode) and Throttle Type (which was set on 5 - VCL Input) to achieve slightly higher speeds, however it appears to me that not all of the parameters are showing on the HHP. For example, I can only see the 2-Torque Mode Menu and not the 0-Speed Mode Express menu and 1-Speed Mode Menu. Further, I am unable to change the settings in the Torque Mode Menu which leads to believe that it has an overall limiter override? The way I see it, I have two paths:
1) Figure out how to remove the limiter override, but I have no idea how to do that
2) Figure out how to access the other Control Mode menus, modify them and run it that way on a different Throttle Type, sacrificing the various pre-programmed modes, but achieving the maximum intended speed on a single setting.

Also, for what its worth, my 1313 HHP is running on older software and firmware so I have no idea if that has something to do with the seeing all of the parameters. I also have no idea how to get the updated firmware/software.

Any insights here would be HUGELY appreciated!!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts