DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a damaged main connecting board on my Curtis 1238-7501 controller and I am trying to figure out the parts I need to replace. I believe I have figured out most of them but one item was damaged so bad I cannot figure out what it is. Does anyone have a close up picture of the connection board? See the circled section at the top of the image below. Note you do not need to sign in. Just close that popup and you will see the image.

https://1drv.ms/i/s!AgtLeO63RWaliYZi_PuLYD9ri6Kc8g

if anyone has a good board or a 1238 core for sale I would be interested in that a swell.

Thanks in advance.
Brett

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Brett,

I have a 1238-7501 on the bench and found a picture of the connection board among my photos. Tomorrow I'll have a closer look to the parts you are looking for and post the results.

I myself look for the value of the precharge resistor, could you have a look at yours and let me know the ratings please?

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello Brett, here are the photos. C33 could be 68µ, but not for sure. FB1 seems to be just a fuse; I measured 0 ohms over it. May be you can leave C141; if you want to replace it I would try anything you would expect around a 317. Furthermore I would suggest to check the 317 and the diodes around it for short circuit, I guess you will want at least to replace the 317 too.

Good luck!

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brett,

regarding your pre-charge resistor, as far as I can see it seems to have a slightly weak solder point (?). As if the amps had left their marks...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts