DIY Electric Car Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
You can lower your Map value (Mapped Throttle or Forward/Reverse Map, depending on HPEVS or OEM Curtis) to something like 20 or 30%, then the throttle will be less "touchy" in the lower band.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
You can lower your Map value (Mapped Throttle or Forward/Reverse Map, depending on HPEVS or OEM Curtis) to something like 20 or 30%, then the throttle will be less "touchy" in the lower band.
Thank you. I'll get to that after I get home from work tomorrow and post the results.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Another interesting thing. I do actually have another Curtis 1238 96v 650amp controller. This one was also used in a situation with a different induction motor. I put the same parameters from the other controller into this one. I made sure I matched everything exactly. One section at a time. The software is newer than the 550 amp controller but otherwise it was pretty much a cut and dry situation or so I thought. With the other controller I have no faults. With this one I have a Pot2 Wiper High Error. Problem is I don't have a Pot2 connected. My throttle is set to 3 like the other one. I can still run the motor but it has a strange quirk. Well, kinda dangerous but still a quirk. I checked everything carefully to match. I can throttle up and slowly release the throttle without issue but if I throttle up pretty good then let off the throttle quickly the motor starts to harshly reverse direction then forward then reverse again and again quickly and with lots of power being fed into the motor and it was so strong that it broke free from its restraints to help keep it on the bench and blasted itself off the bench before I could shut it down. So something weird is for sure different but the Pot2WiperHigh error may be the cause of the issue. I have carefully checked the wires to be sure nothing is connected that should not be connected. I guess I need to reduce the amperage in all the functions to see if I can figure what parameter is at fault. No motor damage or floor damage. It had a couple things it hit on the way down so it wasn't just a flat out fly onto the floor. When the motor is rocking back and forth with high current it is impossible to contain it so shut down is the only option. So off to the books I go again.

Pete :)

I can get the file and post that one as well. Thankfully I did not spend much on either controller. I may have found someone to fix my other controller.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
What I found interesting after searching for the Pot2 Wiper wire which is wire number 17 according to all the manuals. Odd thing is I don't even have a wire in slot 17 on the harness. So there is nothing that can interact with that pin unless there is an internal short across the pin. The controller has never been opened. And to top it off I have the brake pot shut off anyway in the software. Might need to re-flash the software. Anyone know how to go about that? I do know that the software must be for that particular serial number series controllers. So a 1238 won't load up on a 1238R or 1238E or 1238SE. So this one is just a plain old 1238 7102 and not the 1238R 7102.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Pete onegreenev ([email protected])
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Pete tried to send you all the programs from curtis Ben he is the one I used to deal with, he is the one that wrote the software. for curtis controllers.... it was a zip file... gonna try to rename the zip file to just a .z ..... so if you get it rename to .zip ..... make sense? fucked up gmail....

Tried sending my gmail account to yours won't go I attribute this BS to the tiny-bopers that run these systems now a days any ideas Pete?

Curtis_software.zip
(17,511K)
Blocked for security reasons!

They have a attach file here gonna try a rename file to a JPG NOPE
message from DIY: The uploaded file was not an image as expected.

One last trick Pete, gonna move, upload file to my server, will send you the link, it should download.... that is still your email, correct?

That works Pete emailed you the link halafuckingluya (y)

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Delivery has failed to these recipients or groups:

Pete onegreenev ([email protected])
Your message wasn't delivered because the recipient's email provider rejected it.

Pete tried to send you all the programs from curtis Ben he is the one I used to deal with, he is the one that wrote the software. for curtis controllers.... it was a zip file... gonna try to rename the zip file to just a .z ..... so if you get it rename to .zip ..... make sense? fucked up gmail....

Tried sending my gmail account to yours won't go I attribute this BS to the tiny-bopers that run these systems now a days any ideas Pete?

Curtis_software.zip
(17,511K)
Blocked for security reasons!

They have a attach file here gonna try a rename file to a JPG NOPE
message from DIY: The uploaded file was not an image as expected.

One last trick Pete, gonna move, upload file to my server, will send you the link, it should download.... that is still your email, correct?

That works Pete emailed you the link halafuckingluya (y)
Got it. Thank you so much.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Curtis does not use a vcl compiler as we all know the settings can be changed in the program.... fact

HPEV uses a compiler, because they right there own vcl, repeat: there own vcl, to do multiable controllers at
a time and that will cover THERE motors.... when HPEV gets controllers from curtis they have the basic motor
controlling parameters all ready in them, one can not run outside of what the controller can do.. make sense

HPEV spent a lot of time and money to learn VCL and you or anybody ain't gonna get it from them....

so why do you think you would need a compiler

·
Registered
425 Posts
I don't need it, but I can make use of it.
Like usual you don't have a clue, are you gonna have ten diff. motors that will run on the same controller with out doing a optimization.... no do you understand this at all? HPEV sells diff. motors, right... with the same controller....

41 - 60 of 95 Posts