DIY Electric Car Forums banner
61 - 80 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Got the folders you sent.
Thanks a bunch.

Reading the one file you have in there to make a programming extension says the Curtis program only registers com2. However when I have it connected to my windows 7 computer it is registered to com12. It seems like there are a few things greyed out that I can not do anything with but I have the OEM computer programer. I'll change the com port so it recognizes that USB so it will be set to com2.

A learning curve but a fun challenge. A nice unexpected treat.

Thanks again.

Pete :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Pete are you trying to program your controller with HPEV software already on controller... You can't do that, you can run a motor with it, but it will not save the new setting... you need to blank-controller, remove HPEV software and start fresh with just the curtis VCL.... then you can change everything... send me a email with your address, gonna send you a thumb drive with everything I have for curtis controllers, programming ....

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Pete are you trying to program your controller with HPEV software already on controller... You can't do that, you can run a motor with it, but it will not save the new setting... you need to blank-controller, remove HPEV software and start fresh with just the curtis VCL.... then you can change everything... send me a email with your address, gonna send you a thumb drive with everything I have for curtis controllers, programming ....
The 96v 550 amp controller does not have HPEVS software installed. The controller I lost communication with does. No one yet has gotten back with me about fixing that controller for me. HPEVS does not do controller repair.

I have another 96v 650amp controller that does not have HPEVS software. It has the water cooler that is stamped Ivan's Garage. :)

I was not able to get my AC-50 to run with that controller. I can get it to move but not smoothly like I got the AC-35 with the controller I lost communication with.

Im waiting on my package to work on the controller issue and get two controllers setup without the HPEVS software and to get the software back to factory stock.

·
Registered
425 Posts
The 96v 550 amp controller does not have HPEVS software installed. The controller I lost communication with does. No one yet has gotten back with me about fixing that controller for me. HPEVS does not do controller repair.

I have another 96v 650amp controller that does not have HPEVS software. It has the water cooler that is stamped Ivan's Garage. :)

I was not able to get my AC-50 to run with that controller. I can get it to move but not smoothly like I got the AC-35 with the controller I lost communication with.

Im waiting on my package to work on the controller issue and get two controllers setup without the HPEVS software and to get the software back to factory stock.

Pete did you get my email I sent you about software....

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Something that has been bugging me:

Sorry Pete goto say that picture looks scary, wouldn't wanna meet you in a dark alley...
View attachment 129558
Looks way worse when shrunk to a tiny avatar. Its not that bad full size. I was practicing self portraits in my studio. Not an easy thing to do.

Yes I got the email. :)

·
Registered
425 Posts
Looks way worse when shrunk to a tiny avatar. Its not that bad full size. I was practicing self portraits in my studio. Not an easy thing to do.

Yes I got the email. :)
Just sent you a email cpf files these are setting I used on miz motor and my motor

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I went through the process to optimize the controller to the motor. I kept getting an encoder error. This is from my AC-50 motor. It has the external encoder but there was no external damage. Never dropped or anything. It was on a small wheeled cart and never in danger of damage. But under the cover of the encoder I found this. Now I need to find a replacement encoder. The person who had it before must have done something to this motor. It was going into a Alfa Romeo but was never completely installed. I assumed the motor was brand new and it looked new. I can see why I was getting an error. Just my luck to find one with a toasted encoder from the outset. There is a super small Allen set screw on the ring with all the holes and I don't know the size. It is super small. I don't really want to send this off to HPEVS and have them install an internal encoder. Might be best but for now I just want this one fixed. Ever see anything like this before?

Wheel Automotive tire Vehicle brake Alloy wheel Locking hubs

·
Registered
425 Posts
E6 Optical Kit Encoder of coarse these encoders come in diff, shaft sizes.... and has to match the wheel count, ie holes in wheel...

I remember I would turn shaft down to fit encoder.... search Mizs thread...
Note:
The mating connectors are available from US Digital with several cable options and lengths.
I might have one of these laying around, I will look today.... used to buy a couple at a time...

·
Registered
425 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have had success rolling those discs flat again, you may need to solder the cracked part a bit. Remove the steel disc from the aluminum mount ring and try smoothing it with the round shaft of a screwdriver against a flat surface. If the eye no longer works I have some new ones and could sell one.

Motor probably took a blow to the shaft, or someone tried to take it apart without taking off the encoder. Or the thrust washers inside are in the wrong spots.

61 - 80 of 95 Posts