DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone,

I am a guy in Sweden that is converting a Harley Davidson - Street rod. I converted a Cagiva Mito 125cc 5 years ago and think it would be fun to do something bigger now.

I am using two Kia Soul battery modules - 108 V nominal and Curtis 1238 & AC-20
The problem I have is that I get fault code 24 - "Overvoltage cutback" from the controller.

Cant understand why. Have gone through all parameters in the Curtis software and changed voltage, throttle and so on...

Does anyone have any input on what to do?

Thanks!
// Marcus

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am a guy in Sweden that is converting a Harley Davidson - Street rod. I converted a Cagiva Mito 125cc 5 years ago and think it would be fun to do something bigger now.

I am using two Kia Soul battery modules - 108 V nominal and Curtis 1238 & AC-20
The problem I have is that I get fault code 24 - "Overvoltage cutback" from the controller.

Cant understand why. Have gone through all parameters in the Curtis software and changed voltage, throttle and so on...

Does anyone have any input on what to do?

Thanks!
// Marcus
Hi Marcus,

What is the actual measured voltage when the fault occurs? How does that compare with the maximum voltage that the controller will tolerate?

Regards,

major

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Hi Major,
I get the fault code everytime i start the system. The controller is made for 96V and should work up to 120V.

Pin 1-KSI has 108V.
Capacitor Bank V is 3V.

Edit: The controller also shows fault code 53 (does not pop up in the diagnostics tab...) - OEM Faults.

Regards
Marcus

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
Hi Major,
I get the fault code everytime i start the system. The controller is made for 96V and should work up to 120V.

Pin 1-KSI has 108V.
Capacitor Bank V is 3V.

Edit: The controller also shows fault code 53 (does not pop up in the diagnostics tab...) - OEM Faults.

Regards
Marcus
First you say 108 is nominal. Then you say pin-1 has 108 V. What is the actual voltmeter reading of the source (battery) voltage with decimal, ###.##?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does anyone have a VCL for Curtis controllers that I could use?

That works with Curtis 1238 and HPEV AC-20 @ 96v.
The controller has OS10 or OS12.

Thank in advanced!

Regards
Marcus

1 - 8 of 8 Posts