DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Curtis 168V Controller

1723 5
I have an application where I need north of 75kW but only for short bursts of under a minute with time to cool between cycles. My read of the AC-7X motors is that they are not magnetically limited and could provide this output level if they were driven by a more powerful controller. Has anyone heard any scuttlebut of Curtis developing a higher voltage controller. I would prefer a higher voltage to a higher current because I would like to use commodity lead-acid for the batteries and getting higher currents without too much sag is an issue. Using more batteries in series would be preferable.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know of the new 144V controller but I have an application that requires more power than it can support at 144V/500A. I was wondering if anyone has heard of any indications of development of higher power inverters by Curtis. This could be higher current but I would prefer higher voltage for the battery system I am considering.

· Registered
4,065 Posts
It was a push to get Curtis to even agree to 144V. Right now there are no plans to do a higher voltage controller that I know of. Even then, I suspect the controller size will increase, along with the price.

If you want something higher voltage, look into the Sevcon Gen4 Size 8/10 and GpAC series controllers. After that, start looking into Rinehart and Brusa controllers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.