DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I bought a CURTIS AC Speed Controller (1236-5401) from one of my friend, he does not have any clue about this item.

I have following related questions in this regard:

1- As I do not have prior information regarding Controller's already set throttle type. So will it be safe to use 0-5kΩ potentiometer? if yes, then potentiometer's 3 wires should be connected to controller's which pin numbers?

2- There are 2 thin set of wires coming out from the 3-phase AC motor (see image 'DSC_0015.JPG').
A- Can you tell me that Set-1: White & Red wires are for what purpose and they should be connected to Controller's which pin numbers?
B- Can you tell me that Set-2: White, Pink, Blue & Gray wires are for what purposes and they should be connected to Controller's which pin numbers?

Thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
7,838 Posts
Hi,

RTFM. I suggest that you search for the manual using something like Google and download it. That is free and easy to do. Read it. It has the wiring diagrams. Also, for the wires on the motor, look for the AC15 model from HPEVS Company possibly thru website for Thunderstruck Motors. The information is out there. Once you've done that, if you need specific clarification, come back and we'll help. It is a lot to ask of us unless you've read the manual and can make sense of answers from us.

Regards and good luck,

major

1 - 2 of 2 Posts