DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All: I have converted my 1965 Falcon to all electric with a Curtis 1239 controller , an AC51 motor and an Orion
BMS 2 For some reason the controller sets a code #46 every time I turn on the BMS with the controller. I have
contacted HPEVS and have even purchased a Curtis 1314 programmer but, the programmer does not seem to
help me locate the problem . Anyone else had a problem of this sort?

·
Registered
922 Posts
Brian helped me nuke the standard HPEVS OS with a more generic one. I would say the only way the programmer may help you here is if there is a setting under User Settings menu somewhere to disable Orion integration. Since I don't have the HPEVS custom OS in my controller I can't quite tell you where to look. But still Brian should be able to figure out what the VCL is trying to do when it's receiving a message from Orion that results in the EEPROM error.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello: I have discovered the source of my problem. The Orion BMS was detecting faults and would not interface
with the Curtis controller . The solution was to turn off the high voltage leak detection in the BMS . It was conflicting
with the controller although the code flashing on the controller ,( which has it's own detecting system ) does not jive
with the problem occurring.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a flaky Orion and a Curtis controller limited to 2400rpm in firmware,
Sleeve Gas Gadget Font Electronic instrument
Camera accessory Circuit component Audio equipment Rectangle Musical instrument accessory

a slave to the Orion. Finally gave up on both of them and replaced them with Ant 24AHA 300A BMS and Kelly KAC7250N controller. No CANbus now (both units are bluetooth but don't talk to each other) so I had to find an android GPS alternative to the stock dashboard.

It has been a tough last couple months because neither has software that is ready for prime time, but I am quite satisfied with the hardware. Neither the battery, BMS, motor controller or motor has gone above 35° C.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.