DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All: I have converted my 1965 Falcon to all electric with a Curtis 1239 controller , an AC51 motor and an Orion
BMS 2 For some reason the controller sets a code #46 every time I turn on the BMS with the controller. I have
contacted HPEVS and have even purchased a Curtis 1314 programmer but, the programmer does not seem to
help me locate the problem . Anyone else had a problem of this sort?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Brian helped me nuke the standard HPEVS OS with a more generic one. I would say the only way the programmer may help you here is if there is a setting under User Settings menu somewhere to disable Orion integration. Since I don't have the HPEVS custom OS in my controller I can't quite tell you where to look. But still Brian should be able to figure out what the VCL is trying to do when it's receiving a message from Orion that results in the EEPROM error.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hello: I have discovered the source of my problem. The Orion BMS was detecting faults and would not interface
with the Curtis controller . The solution was to turn off the high voltage leak detection in the BMS . It was conflicting
with the controller although the code flashing on the controller ,( which has it's own detecting system ) does not jive
with the problem occurring.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts