DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Jimmyaz, I disassembled a pack last night. There was also some bulging present throughout my pack but like Kevin, they are stacked to reduce bulging on their own weight. Looks like everyone else has already steered you in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for all the reply guys.

One last thing I want to throw it out there... I have exams all of the module closely and I have yet to find a module with any holes or puncture cells. However, I keep on smelling this sweet smell, it's not much... But I know it's there and I can't seem to isolate it to any particular module. I have separated it from the 3 modules that was physically damage... but still the smell is there.

Does any of you ever notice your modules smell sweet? Could it be that yellow rubber that's around the cells giving up that rubber sweet smell? Or is it that puncture lithium sweet smell?

I have noticed a similar smell from a couple of leaf packs, I assumed it was the adhesive from the outer casing. This is because when I inspected a few modules that were in the shelf for a few months the smell was not present.

I think you're fine man. As with any pack just closely monitor your pack during test phase. And place your questionable modules in an area that is easy to get to and/or isolate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.