DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 9" Series DC motor for sale. It came from a Clark Forklift and was worked over by Jim Husted. Was installed in a BMW 2002 and had under 500 miles on the car before they sold the car and kept the electric components. This is a solid 9" DC motor but not as long as a Warp9 motor. Still plenty of power for any Electric Conversion. It comes with the two piece adapter plate that should be good to adapt to most any vehicle you like. This motor has a different mount bolt pattern as seen. So this adapter is a good starting point for any conversion on a budget.

Prefer local only. $600 cash takes the motor with adapter.

PS. I do have an older Curtis controller that is 120 volts. $400 for that controller. Comes with throttle. Could toss in a contactor too.

Pete :)

PM me.

Im in Northern California.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Curtis Controller. $400

Attachments

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Pete!

Do you still have that 9 inch GE Motor that was able to bolt directly to a VW transmission??
I do but likely going to use it in my Red Roadster. Going to use one of my induction motors in my Bus and the other in my 67 Bug. Im not going to do any more conversions except maybe a conversion of an older Honda Insight. I think it would be a perfect little car for an electric conversion.

I sold my 11" Kostov motor that was in the VW Roadster.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Well.... what would you take for the 9 inch ge Motor ??? You know you do all your conversions with AC motors and not DCmotors sell me this GE 9 inch motor

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If one can figure out the right combination adapter the other motor would work perfect for a VW conversion. Only one piece needs to be reconfigured then buy one of those couplers from EVWEST that shrinks to fit and you will be good to go. Would be perfect for the VW because you get the benefit of a super nice 9" motor and the convenience of not having to cut your VW to make it fit.

Granted, the one GE motor I have can fit if you do it right without cutting but the other would be a better choice. The other is a classic from the Bradley GT E days and still has the original tag on it.

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pete,

Do you still have this motor right here or did you sell it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aMzPlNA91lo

No. Sold that with a controller long ago. That one was I believe was an early Prototype for the Bradley GT E as this motor had a steel adapter but all others were aluminum. I do have one with the aluminum adapter end plate but wanting to keep that one. Still has the Bradley GT-E Tag still attached. A rare motor. I could do 120 volts before having to advance the motor. It would provide some pretty good kick if I pumped in nearly 1k amps during acceleration. Hard on batteries because of the low voltage but would be fine if you had at least 200ah size batteries or a dual 120volt 100ah pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts