DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have a UK 2010 CITROEN C1 Evie, which is one of a batch of a few hundred new conversions done by the Electric Car company in the UK around 2009 to 2011. I had periods when the car wasn't used much and consequently the stand-alone 12v gel battery (which powers door locks and internal systems) became totally flat. I've removed the battery and recharged on a few occasions before, but recently I opted to charge the battery in-situ whilst still wired up. Big mistake!! The battery charged successfully but when I went to turn the ignition switch to 'on' the controller display is dead and the car obviously does not run. The brake servo pump runs, along with all internal electrics but the controller battery charge display is totally dead. The controller is a Curtis 1238 with its dedicated BDI display. I'm going to attempt further diagnosis shortly but wondered if anyone out there would have a clue as to what I should be checking first, and to whether I've totally fried the controller. I'm fairly good with electronic fault finding and appreciate the cautions to be observed working in the proximity to 130v electrics. The battery pack appears to charge OK when put on charge. Any help / advice would be really appreciated. Thanks!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts