DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if I can use a DELTAQ model 922 charger for 180ah 3.2 CALB
CELLS ALSO A BMS by ORIOn mod 96. I am using an AC51 motor with Curtiss controller.
Many thanks
Bob

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
What voltage version of the charger?
How many 180Ah CALB?

What's the exact model number of the charger?

Has it been programmed for Lithium Profiles, or is it Lead Acid right now?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, the unit is a DELTA Q 922-9654, it is currently set up to charge a pack of LI Poly....But I will be using 37 180ah CALB Li io ph to drive an AC 50 motor in a 1963 VW conversion..
The BMS is an ORION 96 (REVE2)
Thanks
PS I am in VANCOUVER BC Canada

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Are you 100% sure it has been programmed by someone to charge lithium? The algorithms are specific, and there's not many people that program them (My company does).

That being said, the 96V charger you have only goes up to ~130VDC. That would charge each cell to about 3.5V per cell, which is OK for Lifepo4, but it may take a little longer than if you had something that went a little higher.

Orion BMS interface is pretty easy, you' use the Temp+ and Temp- connections. When connected, the charger is enabled. When disconnected, charger is disabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I purchased the charger. From a school that had used it on a school project drag car with 2Warp 9motors and a whole bunch of 6S lipo,s,but as long as it will woork for my pack of 37-40 lithionP then I should be OK
Cheers
Bob

·
Registered
4,047 Posts
Depends on if it'll get high enough for you. The algorithm controls that, and if it doesn't have the right one, it might not ever get near 130V to charge it.

I can reprogram them if you'd like (see my site below). It's reasonable and I can include shipping.

What school was it? I might've programmed it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
there were actually 2 chargers, I have no idea how they had it wired up, I didn't know you could hook up 2 chargers, maybe only half the pack was charged by one charger, its a thought...so, my next question is where I can get 3.2/200ah cells at a reasonable price, I need 47 of them and with the 30% exchange rate it makes the price quite ridiculous....there must be a supply out there somewhere which I can afford!!! any suggestions

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts