DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The show was Making Stuff: Cleaner. It was pretty lightweight, and seemingly geared more towards entertaining than serious tech, but was cool anyway. Maybe a nice way to get people who are totally unaware interested. The footage of KillaCycle seemed to be as much about the camera, as the performance of the bike, and Dube was pretty general in describing it. Maybe a cool show for kids though, to get them thinking about it, while all the hype is in full boil.

If you missed it, you can see it on the PBS site.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I saw that too. At least a sizable portion of the segment was devoted to electric vehicles and various battery technologies. I hadn't heard that they can get more hydrogen into a fuel cell by filling it with chicken feathers. I have to agree with Jay Leno's interview that historically no one has known which technology would gain the most acceptance until after the fact.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They're using the chicken feathers to make "green" nano tubes. Nano technology seems to be future. I think he exaggerated the difference in price between artifically manufactured and cooked chicken feather nano tubes to promote his product. I like the idea though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts