DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Different chargers speed

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  joamanya89 
#1 ·
Could someone explain me how do I calculate how fast is a charger going to charge my battery pack? I mean, I'll use some like a 375V pack with 100a/h (37500kw/h), and when I read the charger,(any kind), especifications I can't understand how to calculate o relate those especifications with my energy pack

Did I explain well my doubt?

And does anyone know a good online lithium batteryes seller, could you put here the web?, cos I'll have to import it, and it is not easy to find a good price just by the web.

#4 ·
V* A=w

Your pack 375 V charging at 20 A : 375 V * 20 A = 7500 w = 7.5 Kw considering the charger efficiency you need a 8 Kw charger.

Now you have to consider the charger it's powered from grid hopely a 240 V in this case : 8000 w / 240 V = 34 A that means you need a charger able to take at least 34 A at 240 V from grid in order to charge your battery pack with 20 A. Also your charger have to be able to output more then 375 V.

If you use lithium battery , using multiple charges is not a practically ( or recommend ) option.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.