DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Using a spare eBay Fujitsu Stylistc 3500, RoadRunner free CarPC software, and the PakTrakr system I'm in the process of replacing the old ICE guages and switches with a touch screen PC.
I'll also have a mini-remote on the steering wheel for more convenient and safer control.
Before

During

After

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm negotiating with the programmer. He says if there's a market for it he'd give me a deal as he could recoup his costs by reselling it...
So far I'd say there's the 2 of us interested.
If you have any mitsu eclipse logos or pictures for your version send them to me.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yep,
h/w =
PakTrakr w/serial port option
GPS (w/ usb or bluetooth)
Touchscreen PC

s/w =
Windows OS
RoadRunner
Digital F/X 2.5 skin
eCar Creations PT GUI

Programmer is itching for me to test, but with my BelkTronix controller going back for a revision, I haven't had a chance to get back to it.

Hey Texoma, let me know if you're still interested in being a Guinea pig.

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Digital Dash PakTrakr TouchScreen System

I wanted to show you the Progress on ELVIS

ELectric Vehicle Integration System

Java based Touchscreen Infotainment Software that Joseph of ElectraCity Motors and I have been working on.

Currently works with the PakTrakr.
Future Modules will include Alltrax, Zilla, Link10, eMeter, Valence, Curtis, Kelly, etc.

Runs on on PC, Mac, Linux, PDAs. Future Bluetooth connectivity for Cell Phones.

Video here:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7400813118914030529&hl=en

Software available in a couple of weeks.

Manny

· Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The system should be set up such that the display will change to a night setting when the head lights are turned on. That would be better than fiddling with buttons while driving in traffic as the sun is going down.
Great Idea!
Just a matter of hardware. Let me know if you have something that sends a PC that info (my car does not have obd2 nor canbus etc.) via usb/serial/bluetooth. Maybe have it as an option. I wouldn't want to pass that cost on as a requirement.

What can be done right now is have it switch to evening mode at a preset time (like dusk).

Fiddling w/buttons can be minimized with voice control or gestures. I've been playing with a program called "Stroke It": www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/ .
:D

Manny

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.