DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased one of the BMS systems from EV West. I should be more adept at this but I am not. I had a wiring question. The system can monitor up to 96 cells (with satellite systems). Can this BMS monitor 2, 96 cell packs in parallel?I was planning on using the LG CHEM Lithium Ion Battery - 60.8V, 2.6kWh.

I was planning on 12 (2 packs of 6 in parallel). Each pack has 16 cells with connectors for readouts.

This would mean I have 192 cells to monitor, however the dilithium BMS system it can only monitor 24 cells each and only up to 96 with satellite systems. Or is there a different way to monitor parallel packs?

How would I wire? Or would a different BMS be a better option?

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
Im using LG Chem batteries as well, 2 in series in 4 in parallel (32S4P). I know when I talked to Merritt from EV West he showed me these lg chem parallel boards that allow tie the each parallel battery together. While monitoring each battery would definitely be preferable, it looks like paralleling in this fashion seems like a low risk to the health of the batteries and more cost effective solution. I imagine that is why they quoted you for a smaller system than what you'd need if you monitor each one. I'm going to EV West this coming Monday; ill take some pictures of the parallel boards and try to get some more info on them.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im using LG Chem batteries as well, 2 in series in 4 in parallel (32S4P). I know when I talked to Merritt from EV West he showed me these lg chem parallel boards that allow tie the each parallel battery together. While monitoring each battery would definitely be preferable, it looks like paralleling in this fashion seems like a low risk to the health of the batteries and more cost effective solution. I imagine that is why they quoted you for a smaller system than what you'd need if you monitor each one. I'm going to EV West this coming Monday; ill take some pictures of the parallel boards and try to get some more info on them.
That would be great. Let me know what you find out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts