·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for pairs of:
  • Motor Parameters
  • Associated Par file for that motor
for the DMOC.

I know the AC90, AC75, AC24, and 1PV5135-4WS14 have all been successfully run on the DMOC, but I can't find any data.
I do have a par file for the 1PV5135-4WS14, but I don't have the motor parameters.

I'm trying to decipher what each of the EEX, EE1, and EE2 variables do so we could theoretically program it for any motor.

I have a 1PV5138-4WS24 motor all hooked up to the DMOC645, and Ideally I'm trying to figure out all the parameters so it functions properly. I can get it to "run" just by using the 1PV5135-4WS14, but it does so very poorly and very inefficiently.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've never tried to use an unsupported motor on the DMOC before but, yes, it is possible as they have exposed a ton of parameters for you to edit. The very first few things you need to know for sure are:

1. How many poles is the motor?
2. How many encoder counts per rev?
3. What is the value of volts/krpm? That is, what is the back EMF at 1000 RPM?

Those things would let you get the motor spinning at least at the proper speed. If those values are wrong then the motor is likely to run very poorly. After that it gets more complicated. The DMOC does want to know the values for things like the stator resistance and the inductance. Those parameters should affect things less but should be correct to get the proper efficiency.

In reality, to run a squirrel cage induction motor, all you really need is to give it enough voltage and three phase current of the desired frequency. That's it. Anything past that is just to make it extra efficient. This mode of operation is called V/Hz (volts over hertz). The DMOC doesn't use this method, it uses FOC (field oriented control) but still deep down FOC is just fancy V/Hz with better control of the motor performance. The reason I mention this is that it isn't hard to spin an induction motor. They really, really want to spin. If you give them three phase power, and you have enough voltage, the motor spins. So, I don't see any reason that the DMOC couldn't be configured to do it decently enough. Getting it to 95% efficient might be tougher but this all comes down to how good is good enough for you.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I have
working par files for my DMOC 445 connected to an AC-24 motor. I also have the DMOC 645 controller and wanted to connect that so I could inject more amperage than I can with the 445. Would using the parameters from the par file of the 445 work for re-programming the 645 and have it work? It is an old Volts Porsche Kit originally installed years before lithium came on the market. I have successfully made a test run of the motor/controller. I want to try the DMOC 645 with it.

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
I don't think the par file will work, but the same parameters should pair up correctly if you modify an existing par file that is meant for the 645.
I was not expecting to actually use my par file for the 445 but to copy parameters to another par file. Im just wondering how to get the serial numbers into a par file so they will work. Not sure I need to but I could get a 645 Par file and copy parameters to that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.