DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have CCShell loaded on my computer as well as java 5.0 as I'm required to have on the computer. I connect the DMOC and then try to connect to the file. When I try to connect to the file my computer says it can't communicate with serial port 1 3 or 4 and won't open the file. I know the controller is functioning as I can run the vehicle but I can't communicate with it. I did at one point mid last summer when I did have the computer talking to the controller. I thought I had all the parameters set.

I have tried on Windows 7 and Windows XP Professional. Both are configured properly

I did change a computer so something must be missing. When I plug in the controller via the USB serial cord it bebops like it doesn't like that. When I plug in a normal USB it is a different sound and accepts the USB. I thought maybe a driver but not sure.

Is there a specific USB Serial driver I need on the computer. One computer is 64bit and the other 32 bit. It seems odd that I can't communicate to a serial port.

Any help will be much appreciated

Pete :)

I will try what ever you throw my way until I get it working again.

·
Registered
211 Posts
What brand of usb serial adapter are you using? and yes it sounds like a driver issue. The driver might be specific to the usb-serial adapter, Did the usb-serial adapter come with the controller? Maybe check with the controller manufacturer web site. win7 normally looks for the driver I thought . If you can get to the Device Manager window you should see a yelow triangle by the usb port that you have the usb serial adapter plugged into. It will/should say what the device is. Then you just( like it is ever that easy) need to find the driver for it. or it could be as easy as finding a generic usb-serial driver.

later floyd

·
Registered
4,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you Floyd. Got the new cable and driver and now have a video up showing my computer talking to the controller. I will do more testing but so far so good. It is the original file for this DMOC 445 Inverter.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I went through this last year and now finally have a stable ccshell setup with the correct .ccs. No small feat. For .ccs files I had luck searching this forum and through wolftronix' website. I would suggest connecting to your DMOC over hyperterminal, most ccshell installs come with it preconfigured but it is also outlined in the ccshell manual (which you can find with a quick google search). Once you connect it will spit out your exact build code (with 2 extra zeros per block... 90 - 8e = 0090 - 008e). I did try the manually overwriting the build code in a .ccs trick and was able to connect with ccshell, but have heard if you start writing parameters it can mess things up. An old laptop with XP and a db9 port was the best $50 I've spent in a while. And when you get going I would be interested to compare parameter files. I'm not through registration yet but have been driving up my road and am slowly improving drivability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts