DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HyPer 9 HV Motor - NetGain HyPer9 HV AC Motor X144 Controller Kit 144 Volt, EV West - Electric Vehicle Parts, Components, EVSE Charging Stations, Electric Car Conversion Kits
SME AC-X144 Controller
35 Pin Connector and Wire Harness
Gigavac GV200-PA Contactor *2
12 Volt HV Relay
Electric Vehicle Management System V3- Zero Emission Vehicles Australia
24-cell Lithium BMS Module*2- Zero Emission Vehicles Australia
Temperature sensor for EVMS3, BMS16 and BMS12-
Zero Emission Vehicles Australia

EVMS Monitor V3-
https://www.zeva.com.au/index.php?product=132
NetGain/SME Hyper 9 AC-X1 AC-X144 Chill Plate Liquid Cooling Kit
https://www.evwest.com/catalog/prod...d=485&osCsid=00f1c756514c50536bc2543f9d06c559
20s30p 18650 20A/30A*2 Battery pack
Prius Throttle Pedal with pigtail.
EVMS3 CAN Current Sensor - https://www.zeva.com.au/index.php?product=134

I also need key switch and Fuse, I dont need dc/dc convector because i dont gonna to use it and battery charger will be separate from the go kart, the cable will be there but the charger will be connected to the circuit only when i charge the batteries

controller monitor of course

if you think that I will need more things plz tell me

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
In that distributed design you have monitoring modules connecting to as many cells as you need, and you have as many of those as necessary to get all cells monitored. I haven't checked their docs, but I assume it would be fine to connect only 20 (21 wires) to the first 24 cell module, and the other 20 to the second. Then the two just use CAN BUS to communicate to the controller which also will actuate the contactor as needed.
I can connect only 20cells.
do you think that I need more things?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another concern is that without the dc / dc and the charger the auxiliary fuse path could cause a short circuit because of the low resistance

·
Registered
209 Posts
I can connect only 20cells.
do you think that I need more things?
You said you're building a 144v pack, I assumed you have a 40 series configuration.

Another concern is that without the dc / dc and the charger the auxiliary fuse path could cause a short circuit because of the low resistance
That makes no sense at all. If nothing is connected to that AUX fuse, nothing can cause a short circuit in that path which that fuse is meant to protect against.

Perhaps you're over your head with this one. It's one thing when people ask for a solution or a product advice, it's a different story when folks say something that makes one wonder if they'll electrocute themselves to death from that battery pack. If my memory serves well, 48v is the highest DC voltage considered "safe" - everything above can be lethal, more readily than AC voltages with the same level.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You said you're building a 144v pack, I assumed you have a 40 series configuration.

That makes no sense at all. If nothing is connected to that AUX fuse, nothing can cause a short circuit in that path which that fuse is meant to protect against.

Perhaps you're over your head with this one. It's one thing when people ask for a solution or a product advice, it's a different story when folks say something that makes one wonder if they'll electrocute themselves to death from that battery pack. If my memory serves well, 48v is the highest DC voltage considered "safe" - everything above can be lethal, more readily than AC voltages with the same level.
Yes you right after I wrote this I show that,

Do not worry, I just dont sow that the path is not connected if the charger is not connected
I am dont gonna to melt the batteries or glue them
I am gonna to use thick wire and thick nickel strips
Alwase wear gloves and put switch before the controller to open the circut

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

And you worng, 48v 1000A is deadly as 144v 500A
And I dont fully understand the diagram, the key negative goes to that ground?
Or to mpo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts