DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I'm completely new here and pretty much new to online forums too. Please be gentle :)

Does anyone know anything about the battery packs that are fitted to the new Mercedes eSprinter vans ? The 55kWh rating and 365V are nice figures but I can't find any figures on peak output amps for 10 seconds or even maximum continuous output amps ?

I'm probably dreaming but I'm curious if it is a high output pack and the possibility it could be suitable for a Tesla Large Drive Unit ?

Has anyone looked at these batteries and been able to find any specs on them ?

Thanks for reading my post, Mark

·
Registered
7,950 Posts
There may not be a lot of useful responses, because the current eSprinter doesn't appear to be offered in North America and most (but not all) forum members are here. It is a variant of the light-duty front-wheel-drive version of the Sprinter, and we generally get only the rear wheel drive (and AWD) here. The van only has an 85 kW motor, so the battery is unlikely to be capable of especially high power. But sorry, I don't have any details about the battery (other than that the 55 kWh battery has more capacity than the two sizes originally offered).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Brian, Thanks for your reply. What you say makes sense. The vans should have the ability to carry two people and almost 800kgs of load for most of a day. They are probably designed around lower output current to be able to last a day of deliveries rather than be fast accelerating and have you sitting at a charging station after a few hours.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts