DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Don't believe in shipping times for NetGain controllers

8773 Views 45 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  ngcontrols
Hi folks,
I was just wondering if anyone has received a NetGain controller in the last two months?
:mad:I ordered a controlled in the beginning of August when the web site was promising delivery in 6 weeks. Then I heard that it would be mid-October. Now I am told it will not be shipped before the end of November. That is 3 1/2 months!!!! Be careful because they currently still claim shipping in 10 weeks.

I could have bought a Soliton with all the extra $$ I am having spend on gas while waiting.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,007 Posts
Hi folks,
I was just wondering if anyone has received a NetGain controller in the last two months?
:mad:I ordered a controlled in the beginning of August when the web site was promising delivery in 6 weeks. Then I heard that it would be mid-October. Now I am told it will not be shipped before the end of November. That is 3 1/2 months!!!! Be careful because they currently still claim shipping in 10 weeks.

I could have bought a Soliton with all the extra $$ I am having spend on gas while waiting.
Have you tried asking for a refund? This is beyond what is reasonable and since it hasn't even been shipped, they should be willing to give all of your money back (don't let them charge you a restocking fee!).

· Registered
5,007 Posts
I appreciate the valuable help others on this forum have given me during my build but this slamming of Netgain by Solitron should not be allowed by the admin. Oh wait, the admin is the one suggesting a refund is in order :(

Disclosure: Yep, I'm a Netgain dealer.

Off my soapbox.
I am suggesting that if delivery times cannot be met within a reasonable delay, the customer is within their right to ask for a refund - that goes for any business. The fact is the longer a customer waits in a situation like this, the fewer legal options they have and many in the EV world have lost money in situations like this even though I am not convinced NetGain is being deliberate in this particular case. The customer has a right to be cautious.

Yes, I am a business man myself.

Sure, asking for a refund is a perfectly reasonable response after being *lied to* about when the OP would be getting his controller. Six weeks? Eight weeks? Ten weeks? Never? People are understandably nervous about waiting a long time, then longer still, for their expensive components, especially after the EVComponents debacle...
"*lied* to" is not the best words to use here. "Lie: a false statement made with deliberate intent to deceive; an intentional untruth; a falsehood". There was no deliberate intent to mislead dealers/customers on delivery times. We just haven't perfected our production scheduling. And yes, asking for a refund is perfectly within reason, although we'd hate to see anyone go.
I agree that *lied* is too strong a term here since there is no evidence that what is happening here deliberate.

Since we can't call this anything malice or deliberately deceptive, I ask that members and guests here take that into consideration when adding to, or reading this thread.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.