DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Don't believe in shipping times for NetGain controllers

8763 Views 45 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  ngcontrols
Hi folks,
I was just wondering if anyone has received a NetGain controller in the last two months?
:mad:I ordered a controlled in the beginning of August when the web site was promising delivery in 6 weeks. Then I heard that it would be mid-October. Now I am told it will not be shipped before the end of November. That is 3 1/2 months!!!! Be careful because they currently still claim shipping in 10 weeks.

I could have bought a Soliton with all the extra $$ I am having spend on gas while waiting.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,221 Posts
I was just wondering if anyone has received a NetGain controller in the last two months?
That's an interesting tidbit... I wonder what's really going on over there.

Tess, I think that the Soliton is the cats meow, not because I know controllers, beleive me, I dont.

I Think this because you are in here with our group helping, for the love of the game, you cant "fake" that kind of commitment to the sport.
Thanks. I appreciate being appreciated. I'll try to not let it go to my head... :D

That said, credit is also due to Qer (the programming genius behind the Soliton1) who is a big participant here as well.

Id bet you would recoup the money spent in annodizing some Solitons red and pre optimizing the settings for Warps and calling them "Warp editions" or something like that.
Oh, we learned our lesson but good on anodizing cast aluminum - it looks like crap, especially the colors, so don't even bother!

As for making a WarP edition of the Soliton1, that would just perpetuate the myth that the Netgain controllers are somehow better suited to their motors, which, as Qer noted, is not the case.

· Registered
3,221 Posts
Not sure your logic behind a Warp edition of the Soliton strengthening Warps position?
I guess it's because comments like this...

I bought a 1,000-amp water-cooled controller from EV Source, newly-designed with the NetGain motors in mind....
...tend to stick in my brain for a long, long time.

· Registered
3,221 Posts
ngcontrols:
Thanks for providing the only response necessary in this thread. It saddens me when the Solitron factory and their fans pile on in thread after thread about competitor's products.

From "Tess":

"That's an interesting tidbit... I wonder what's really going on over there. "
Sorry you took this as me "piling on", though of course people will tend to assume that any comment from a competitor is an attack. Still, this was a rather big assumption given that if you didn't know who I was then you'd be hard-pressed to see ANY sort of attack in my post.

I've heard all sorts of rumors as to why the NetGain controllers have been unavailable but I don't repeat them out of a sense of fair play and, because, they are simply rumors. In fact, I had an interesting conversation this summer with Collin about the state of the controller market, etc., and at the time he mentioned that they had a building backlog because Ryan was soldering the boards by hand - that's certainly a plausible reason to me.

We may be competitors but we aren't enemies.

"Oh, we learned our lesson but good on anodizing cast aluminum - it looks like crap, especially the colors, so don't even bother!"
And this was in reference to OUR experience anodizing the cast aluminum Soliton1 enclosure (which I outright state in that sentence?!). We were told over and over again that cast aluminum wouldn't anodize well, that the colors would come out gray and splotchy, and guess what - the anodizing shops were right (go figure).

Oh wait, the admin is the one suggesting a refund is in order :(
Sure, asking for a refund from the dealer is a perfectly reasonable response by the OP after not receiving the controller they paid for in the promised timeframe. Six weeks? Eight weeks? Ten weeks? Never? People are understandably nervous about waiting a long time, then longer still, for their expensive components, especially after the EVComponents debacle...

· Registered
3,221 Posts
I agree that *lied* is too strong a term here since there is no evidence that what is happening here deliberate.
Yep, I agree that it was too strong a word which is why I already edited my post to more accurately reflect what I was trying to convey - more of a situation where a dealer was giving the OP the run-around, not the controller manufacturer itself. Either way, it was a bit much.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.