DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Don't believe in shipping times for NetGain controllers

8767 Views 45 Replies 21 Participants Last post by  ngcontrols
Hi folks,
I was just wondering if anyone has received a NetGain controller in the last two months?
:mad:I ordered a controlled in the beginning of August when the web site was promising delivery in 6 weeks. Then I heard that it would be mid-October. Now I am told it will not be shipped before the end of November. That is 3 1/2 months!!!! Be careful because they currently still claim shipping in 10 weeks.

I could have bought a Soliton with all the extra $$ I am having spend on gas while waiting.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
8,155 Posts
Disclosure: Yep, I'm a Netgain dealer.
And your bias is showing quite clearly. You're reading into things that aren't there, and not helping your cause. The OP's concerns are valid, and asking for a refund for a product not being delivered is quite reasonable. The customer doesn't have to worry about the reasons, if they can't get the product they ordered in the time expected then a refund is in order if they request it.

· Registered
8,155 Posts
Giant flame war? This didn't even count as a small brush fire ;)
I thought the 14th post in the thread from ngcontrols spelled it out quite clearly:
I apologize to those that have waited longer than what was originally quoted. We've had some supplier changes and long machine shop lead times. There were several enhancements added over the summer that ended up taking a lot longer than anticipated. Things were moving along at a moderate clip at that point, but then orders came flying in. We are moving steadily towards whittling away that 8-10 weeks to stock on the shelf.

We've got a large production run that will be finishing soon, allowing us to ship out faster than what we've been telling dealers. So hopefully, those that were quoted mid November will be receiving product early November.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.