DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

So i'm currently working on controlling a rear drive Model S D unit.
I'm in need for CANBUS logs so please if you have or know one to find share it with me...
(we can discuss compensation for the help)

I made a C# GUI app so i thought to post some pictures.

I don't have any commercial objective with this project. But the future obviously will depend on the fact if i get it running myself or not.

For the data analysing i use wireshark.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Up kick! Any one? Willing to compensate for it? If we as a DIY forum solve this mystery we will have Tesla DU option to control our selves. If i end up buying a controller i obviously cant and wont do that...

·
Registered
598 Posts
I don't have any commercial objective with this project. But the future obviously will depend on the fact if i get it running myself or not.
Why not open-source everything on Github? Then if you succeed or fail, others can pick up the torch and run with it.

I wish I could be of more help, but I don't know much about Teslas. I know that several people have "cracked" the protocol, though. You might try one of these forums:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The protocol is not the issue. I just need logs then it soon will become clear how it works. I have error bit screens and gear change etc. working the only thing missing is a magic packet. And to work that out I need at least one extra log.

Thank you very much for your response.
I will check the links.

Again thank you very much. You took the time to drop something. :) Feeling quite alone on this subject although it could help everyone.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Heh, get used to it...This is still very niche stuff, and a lot of the talent in play is trying to build a business out of the knowledge. I get it, but I think open-sourcing all this stuff and collaborating would raise the tide for all ships, and get a lot more people into the hobby by reducing costs dramatically!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok i solved it, the engine runs on the bench. Need now to figure out the remaining of the signals and lets see if i get it out of limb mode.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts