DIY Electric Car Forums banner

Dualtron City upgrade

4791 Views 47 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  rishimaze
blank
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

· Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Cells in thermal contact with each other like that is a bad idea in pack/module design where current draw is high.

The China Syndrome
Only if heat build up is high and I doubt that will be the case.
Also, I have built every pack I've ever built exactly like this without issues. I guess I've built 30 packs now.

· Registered
5,357 Posts
OK.

Heat doesn't "build up"...it runs away past a certain temperature and cells heating each other in an HCP config is extremely bad module construction practice. You think you're being clever with packing density, but the challenge is to thermally isolate cells from each other while cooling them.

· Banned
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 · (Edited)
I've never really messed with VESCtool and controllers before. I did finally get a controller to do motor detection and then set up the throttle. I can't say I'm fond of the VESCtool app! It's esoteric, poorly laid out and confusing at best! How you set up a second throttle for variable regen...that's confusing at best. Frankly, throttle and regen ought to be completely separate sets of options. Battery options should be their own section in the left pane since this has nothing to do with motor setup. Motor settings should be exclusively about the motor, not random other things! There's lots of things about VESCtool that I find non-intuitive or down right confusing! OK...yes...I am learning the "VESCtool way", but this app needs some serious UX help so it's intuitive and logical and makes sense.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.