DIY Electric Car Forums banner

DYS, Antique auto restorer

410 Views 3 Replies 2 Participants Last post by  twistedvoltageev
New to group. I'm 72 myself and have members of my antique. car club whose legs cannot work the clutch as easily as when they were younger, I seek information. On the best motors, controllers, chargers and battery's that could be applied.to cars manufactured. from the beginning in 1898 to the 1930's
On Chinese websites I see packages made to build electric vehicles, I also see the Zonic motors. I have no education. on how to begin building an electric car. I am only aware, back in the 60's they were putting aircraft starter motors in VW's. A lot has happened since the 60's.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
You have a lot of information available here. I spent 10 years working largely on pre war cars myself. Considering a model A EV swap this summer. I am in Northern VA if you are ever close you can stop by and see what it takes to convert.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YES, I'm very interested in seeing what you are doing. So would Sam Messick the 80-year-old guy with the clutch problem. Do you intend to keep the manual trans? I'm in Seaford DE. where are you in northern VA.?

· Registered
24 Posts
YES, I'm very interested in seeing what you are doing. So would Sam Messick the 80-year-old guy with the clutch problem. Do you intend to keep the manual trans? I'm in Seaford DE. where are you in northern VA.?
Im currently in Purcellville moving to a shop in Winchester. On air cooled VWs I have retained the manual Trans. PM me and I’ll shoot you my info

1 - 4 of 4 Posts