DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Werner is the name, from Brisbane Australia. I just had my first drive in my battery powered Schmitt .The 2 stroke I replaced long ago with a Honda Spacy, But could not solve the slipping centrifugal clutch on my 15 degree drive way! So it was time to go battery .With the Honda swing arm complete with 10 " wheel and brake,I fitted an adjustable platform with all petrol component gutted to make room for the 10kw 3 pole induction motor, belonging to the Chinese kit. Other parts are a 96v 100a/h battery, Shinegle controller, converter gas pedal censor etc. The 50mm wide tooth pulleys are from England and have to be machined to suit. I can effortless move from a standing start uphill my drive.
Negatives: Firstly the passenger seat is taken by the 65kg battery, and the top speed is only 65km/h. My books tell me that these motors loose their torque at top rev, my next move will be to increase the motor pulley to drop the revs and gain torque at top revs??

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,115 Posts
That is one mighty looking motor! and I would be amazed if it is limiting the rpm

Have a look at your controller - I suspect it is limiting your speed

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dunkin
My background is mechanical engineering, I just bought the kit, all wires with plugs and bingo.
The controller to me is a sealed unit, and where am I to look if the output has been tempered with.

·
Administrator
6,115 Posts
Hi
Not tampered with - just not man enough - that motor looks very nice and with a beefier controller it should fly

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Without any specs for anything other than the nominal battery voltage, it's impossible to know what is limiting performance. Unfortunately, a lot of motors seem to be sold without useful technical information... do you have anything (or a link to anything) about your motor and controller?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Looks great Werner!
Hope to see it at an AEVA display in Brisbane one day!
(When I'm over from Perth, of course)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts