DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am looking at purchasing a Chevy Volt battery to power a (slightly suped-up) go-kart I am working on. I have the ability to either buy an entire Chevy Volt battery with factory BMS or go with the SIMP BMS or even go down the path of integrating the Batrium Watchmon 5.

I am planning on having a Raspberry Pi display show some basic stats (because why not) from the BMS; however, I am assuming the BMS would handle the rest. I also have a Siemens US2 VersiCharge that I was "gifted" by a friend I would like to try and charge the whole apprentice.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. I have been buried in these forums for days! Great stuff but a lot to consume.

·
Registered
129 Posts
uh sorta. Look at the simp bms documentation. the PDF shows the variety of oem bms slaves it interfaces with.
And simp bms has a nextion touch screen for showing battery stats.

it works great with gen1 Chevy volt batteries. As well has tesla model x/s, outlander, and other batteries

·
Registered
1971 GMC 1500
995 Posts
I just picked up a BMW 530e battery pack and am looking at using Simp BMS, I have downloaded their "Manual V0.27" if you could call it that, and I am beyond lost, I understand that they support the BMW I3 battery pack but I wanted to just get a conceptual understanding of the wiring and I am more confused than a blind goat on astraturf

I can't read wiring diagrams worth beans and would very much appreciate a photo or a napkin drawing of a basic wiring diagram, honestly I am not trying to be critical of T. de Bree's work it's amazing I am just too dumb to understand it also the font and pics are so tiny I think the J4 plug schematic on page 10 should be blown up to the size of the entire page for example

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.