DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Plymouth laser 4g63t on the front tesla large drive unit on the back
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making my Mitsubishi eclipse gs 1992 into an ev i did take out all interiors and gas engine related stuff out of the car and i did buy a ford differential to convert the car rwd i thinking of using the warp 9 dc motor and the soliton 1 controller
now i do have several questions for you that have more experience in ev conversions

what will be a max amperage and voltage numbers that can i use for short periods of time like for 14 seconds of lees ?

is Thad a good controller motor combo ?

for the battery pack im thinking on a 281.6 volts and 32Ah with 4p88s configuration of
38120HP 8AH HEADWAY CELLS they suppose to give 25c of max discharge that will give me a battery pack with 9kwh( good for 25+ miles of range )and 225kw of power in theory :0 :) :):confused::confused:

my numbers are good or im just loose:confused: please if you know a better battery pack configuration like more or less voltage or a better cell for my application (short range high power ) tell me im about to get everything but i need to make sure that i'm in the good way with my project before I buy all my parts tank you

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
You asked at the good place.
38120HP 8AH HEADWAY CELLS they suppose to give 25c of max discharge that will give me a battery pack with 9kwh( good for 25+ miles of range)and 225kw of power in theory
Those cells was interesting..... well, in 2009. Completely obsolete now.
Your project seem perfect for using a use chevy Volt battery.
With a 300v controller, you can use 3/4 of a chevy volt battery to obtain a 12kWh battery of 270v nominal and 45Ah able to give you over 200kw of peak power.

·
Registered
Plymouth laser 4g63t on the front tesla large drive unit on the back
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You asked at the good place.

Those cells was interesting..... well, in 2009. Completely obsolete now.
Your project seem perfect for using a use chevy Volt battery.
With a 300v controller, you can use 3/4 of a chevy volt battery to obtain a 12kWh battery of 270v nominal and 45Ah able to give you over 200kw of peak power.
it actuali looks like a better idea:):):) i did never think abaut that :eek:

so the battery of the volt have a high dischrge rate ?

what motor voltage and amperage you think that the warp 9 will handle for small periods of time around 10 to 14 seconds ?

your car looks berry fun and fast

1 - 4 of 4 Posts