DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
#1 remove anything that uses or contains gasoline
# 2 decide what fits in the empty spaces
#3 spend ridiculous amounts of time and money scrounging parts from other electric vehicles, or even more money for new innovative stuff.

Kinda kidding here. However this isn't far from the truth.

You're pretty much a 50 vintage ford so look for other conversions done to guide you in the process. Warning, tesla products are costly.

·
Registered
221 Posts
#1 remove anything that uses or contains gasoline
# 2 decide what fits in the empty spaces
#3 spend ridiculous amounts of time and money scrounging parts from other electric vehicles, or even more money for new innovative stuff.
#4 push it in the shed because it is all too hard and nothing fits and what's with that canbus nonsense anyway?
#5 sell it incomplete seven years later for half what you paid for all the now unsupported obsolete EV gear when SO gives an ultimatum

Option 2: Save up 60k and drop off to a shop, wait a year or so, keep saving

Option 3: Be prepared to become an engineer. Do a degree, get some industry experience with motors and HVDC, learn to use cad and appreciate how engineered things work, and don't work.

Option 4: Don't.

·
Registered
124 Posts
#5 sell it incomplete seven years later for half what you paid for all the now unsupported obsolete EV gear when SO gives an ultimatum
Just got this one...

As she refers to it, "that fucking car"

I told her to walk, Now i'll get a big payout from the house being sold and buying my batteries just became a lot easier.
The new residence I buy will be a big workshop with a tiny house next to it, Perfect.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Meh...ya still got leftovers of the nagged timidness going there, homey 😂

Forget the house. Waste of money in this market -- a downpayment on underwater equity. Good on you she gave you an excuse to ditch it now. In 5 years more of pretend luvy duvvy, what you get now will be a 100% share in a divorce. Her lawyer would never go for it (notice I did not say "she" as the decider).

Yup. Forget house. Bigger shop, sleep in one of the cars until you get your loft done, toaster oven, microwave, recliner, 82 inch flatscreen behind reclaimed ice hockey arena glass (because...angle grinder discs...and you can write stuff down on the glass) Klipsch Corner Horns so you can hear the grunge over your grunge, and a beer & steaks fridge. Install a shower if you really have to.

Leftover cash from da splitup -> projects, travel, good causes, loose wimmin'

😎

disclaimer: for those born without a humor gene, most, not all, was an attempt at humor to cheer up a guy likely going through a crappy time. up to the reader to figure out which is wut

1 - 5 of 5 Posts