DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for a wiring connection schematic for a Elcon charger. I purchased an TCCH 3300 watt 144v 23amp charger with CANbus for conversion project. The charger did not come with any instructions of any kind. Internet searches, contacting the vendor I purchased from and contacting the manufacturer has produce only very vague info. The charger has three unlabeled ports, two identical with four pins each and one with six pins. I plan to use 220v ac input and the charger will charge 48 180a calb batteries. Any help with schematics or source for this info will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Hello, I am looking for a wiring connection schematic for a Elcon charger. I purchased an TCCH 3300 watt 144v 23amp charger with CANbus for conversion project. The charger did not come with any instructions of any kind. Internet searches, contacting the vendor I purchased from and contacting the manufacturer has produce only very vague info. The charger has three unlabeled ports, two identical with four pins each and one with six pins. I plan to use 220v ac input and the charger will charge 48 180a calb batteries. Any help with schematics or source for this info will be most appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

http://www.elconchargers.com/index.html

They can also set/reset your charger charge curve to match your battery pack.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Dan, I have reached out to Elcon and received just a little more than that I could find on the website. I asked for a better connection diagram/schematic but have not anymore replies or info from them. The vendor I purchased through has not responded back with anymore either. I just hoping someone perhaps has installed one and is will to share their info.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Probably need to see some pictures of the connectors and the labels with the exact part number codes, etc. i have several chargers and manuals, but no idea of what you have based upon such limited information--they have been making many models over the years.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks KennyBobby.
Here is photo of the charger I have. It is from TC Chargers, model HK-J-H198-23. also on the tag (labeled in Chinese) 02CANCAN1430/F-001. I purchased the charger in April 2017 when I purchased the batteries and Orion BMS. The ports have no labels, from left to right on the photo, the first and second ports have 4 pins each and have letters A thru D at each pin. Third port has 6 pins labeled A thru F.

I will surely appreciate any help I can get on this.

Thanks,
Rick

·
Registered
1,476 Posts
Did you happen to get the mating bayonet connectors--those are high quality keyed connectors such as used for military and aerospace applications, it is quite impressive how they have refined their product.

The leftmost connector in your photo is J1, AC INPUT, where A is Neutral, B is Line, D is Earth Ground. If connecting to 120 vac, then A goes to White, B to Black, and D to Green in standard wiring colors for AC mains in USA. If connecting to 240 vac, then A and B go to the two hot wires of the outlet and D goes to the ground.

The middle is J2, DC Output to your battery, where A and D go to the Positive terminal, B and C to the Negative terminal.

The rightmost is J3, CAN buss signal control, where A is CANL, B is CANH, C is CANGround,
D is +12V (5A limit), E is 12V Return, F is Enable.

ref: user manual,

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I did get the connectors, and I am impressed with there quality. Just wish they would have followed that lead with quality instructions for installation and use for us non-electrical engineer types.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts