DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Not familiar, but does that match your target batteries?

Personally I would just use the connectors I've already selected as my standard for that current range.

Anderson is a good one. Then the necessary investment is recouped over the years for many different projects rather than buy tools for a once-off.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They come with the charger, and plug into the charger. They are for the DC out that is for charging up the battery pack.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like it could be either a crimp lug or a solder cup with a really hot iron.

Maybe it's in here if you can do a translation?

Eeek! No, I can't translate that. My iron will never be hot enough for soldering that, I don't think. But it doesn't look like a crimp though, so may be that's the way forward. Hmm.

·
Registered
932 Posts
These are solder connections, just like the signal connector.

I have tried to crimp the smaller ones, they just keep tearing because of the thick wall.

Try heating the crimp with a hot air gun to start if you do not have a propane torch.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

I have tried to crimp the smaller ones, they just keep tearing because of the thick wall.

Try heating the crimp with a hot air gun to start if you do not have a propane torch.

Thank you. I reckon I have a decent chance with the smaller, signal pins. Glad you told me or I'd have tried to crimp them.

The bigger DC out one will be harder. I do have a propane torch so I can experiment with that.

·
Registered
254 Posts

Thank you. I reckon I have a decent chance with the smaller, signal pins. Glad you told me or I'd have tried to crimp them.

The bigger DC out one will be harder. I do have a propane torch so I can experiment with that.
I went thru this too. I crimped the connections and got a good crimp or so I thought, but when I plug in the DC power cables, they have a bit of wobble and play to them. Occasionally my charger wouldn’t charge unless I wiggle them a bit, then it charges. So not the best connection.

I recently just ordered a pair of DC cables from elcon in US directly for like $50 I think. They come pre crimped and a 50 amp Anderson on the other end, that’s how it comes when you buy the charger from elcon in the US, not from China. I’ve done both, hence why I needed a new pair of cables.

But anyway, that’s something you might wanna do to save some headache

1 - 8 of 8 Posts