DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
923 Posts
Not familiar, but does that match your target batteries?

Personally I would just use the connectors I've already selected as my standard for that current range.

Anderson is a good one. Then the necessary investment is recouped over the years for many different projects rather than buy tools for a once-off.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They come with the charger, and plug into the charger. They are for the DC out that is for charging up the battery pack.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks like it could be either a crimp lug or a solder cup with a really hot iron.

Maybe it's in here if you can do a translation?

Eeek! No, I can't translate that. My iron will never be hot enough for soldering that, I don't think. But it doesn't look like a crimp though, so may be that's the way forward. Hmm.

·
Registered
891 Posts
These are solder connections, just like the signal connector.

I have tried to crimp the smaller ones, they just keep tearing because of the thick wall.

Try heating the crimp with a hot air gun to start if you do not have a propane torch.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These are solder connections, just like the signal connector.

I have tried to crimp the smaller ones, they just keep tearing because of the thick wall.

Try heating the crimp with a hot air gun to start if you do not have a propane torch.

Thank you. I reckon I have a decent chance with the smaller, signal pins. Glad you told me or I'd have tried to crimp them.

The bigger DC out one will be harder. I do have a propane torch so I can experiment with that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts