DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a driven conversion with bad batteries. I think it was setup for a 144 volt lifepo and want to change to lipoly. What voltage would be optimum for the charger. Should I change the charger if I want to be able to charge the car with my wife's level2 charging station

·
Registered
374 Posts
I bought a driven conversion with bad batteries. I think it was setup for a 144 volt lifepo and want to change to lipoly. What voltage would be optimum for the charger. Should I change the charger if I want to be able to charge the car with my wife's level2 charging station
I am not sure what you are asking. 144V of LiFePO4 cells would be around 42 cells. LiPol cells I believe are 4.2 V each so 144V would be around 34 cells. If you keep the same voltage the charger does not need to change. You only have to change the charger if your system voltage changes.

If your Elcon is set up for 42 cells then clicking the button will change it by increments of 3.6 V per cell not 4.2 volts like a LiPol cell.

If you want increments of 4.2 V then you will need to reprogram the charger.

As for the motor it will take up 170 Volts I believe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I want to know if a pack size built to a 34s2p -142v or 35s2p- 147v would be better for the pack as it is charged with 144v. I do not want to buy a new charger. I also don't want to get close to zorching the motor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts