DIY Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have the above Elcon charger, but I don't understand the manual ... the Signal connector has pins labelled A-F, but I don't know which pin is which!

Can anyone help determine them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I am going completely off of memory (which is dubious at best) here but I think that diagram might be wrong. If I remember correctly, when we were testing one of these we were expecting "A" to be top and got a diagram saying so, but when we tried it out it was off by one pin.

I can check on Monday when I go in to work as we do have one of the 3.3 kW versions of this working.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I think what might have happened is that they sent us an annotated photograph showing B as the top pin and that THAT is what was wrong.

Regardless, if you don't have it worked out before Monday I can tell you exactly what goes where.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going completely off of memory (which is dubious at best) here but I think that diagram might be wrong. If I remember correctly, when we were testing one of these we were expecting "A" to be top and got a diagram saying so, but when we tried it out it was off by one pin.

I can check on Monday when I go in to work as we do have one of the 3.3 kW versions of this working.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I think what might have happened is that they sent us an annotated photograph showing B as the top pin and that THAT is what was wrong.

Regardless, if you don't have it worked out before Monday I can tell you exactly what goes where.

That would be kind. There are so many ways I can screw this up it helps to at least have the right pin ordering!

As I understand it, pins C and E should be ground, but I have tested them for continuity to the charger's chassis and got nowhere.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
This is from the XINXI datasheet from their website, but it is not consistent with itself and is labelled in reverse to the picture you posted.

Post a picture of the connector end view--is it labelled also? Do the labels agree with each other?

It's really confusing when the manufacturer screws up their own drawings.

i would guess that they were trying to copy the Amphenol 28482 circular bayonet connectors such as this harness socket, PT06P10-6S. This would mate with your box if the 5 keys lined up.

The 26482 standard layout for the chassis mount matches with your picture.

The problem is, how did the builder wire it up--according to the datasheet or to the label marking in your picture?

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.