DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have the above Elcon charger, but I don't understand the manual ... the Signal connector has pins labelled A-F, but I don't know which pin is which!

Can anyone help determine them?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I am going completely off of memory (which is dubious at best) here but I think that diagram might be wrong. If I remember correctly, when we were testing one of these we were expecting "A" to be top and got a diagram saying so, but when we tried it out it was off by one pin.

I can check on Monday when I go in to work as we do have one of the 3.3 kW versions of this working.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I think what might have happened is that they sent us an annotated photograph showing B as the top pin and that THAT is what was wrong.

Regardless, if you don't have it worked out before Monday I can tell you exactly what goes where.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going completely off of memory (which is dubious at best) here but I think that diagram might be wrong. If I remember correctly, when we were testing one of these we were expecting "A" to be top and got a diagram saying so, but when we tried it out it was off by one pin.

I can check on Monday when I go in to work as we do have one of the 3.3 kW versions of this working.

EDIT: Now that I think about it more, I think what might have happened is that they sent us an annotated photograph showing B as the top pin and that THAT is what was wrong.

Regardless, if you don't have it worked out before Monday I can tell you exactly what goes where.

That would be kind. There are so many ways I can screw this up it helps to at least have the right pin ordering!

As I understand it, pins C and E should be ground, but I have tested them for continuity to the charger's chassis and got nowhere.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Unit's internal Output Common (return) may be isolated from its chassis / earth ground.

Input ground as well.

·
Registered
932 Posts
It does, although I have now discovered that the pins are in fact marked deep inside the socket .. I've taken a photo, but it looks like my pins are in reverse order to yours ...
A is the top pin, also the mating connector is marked on both sides. So it is sort of hard to get wrong.

·
Registered
374 Posts
It does, although I have now discovered that the pins are in fact marked deep inside the socket .. I've taken a photo, but it looks like my pins are in reverse order to yours ...
That is not reverse order. The picture is a socket what you have is pins when they mate they match.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
This is from the XINXI datasheet from their website, but it is not consistent with itself and is labelled in reverse to the picture you posted.

Post a picture of the connector end view--is it labelled also? Do the labels agree with each other?

It's really confusing when the manufacturer screws up their own drawings.

i would guess that they were trying to copy the Amphenol 28482 circular bayonet connectors such as this harness socket, PT06P10-6S. This would mate with your box if the 5 keys lined up.

The 26482 standard layout for the chassis mount matches with your picture.

The problem is, how did the builder wire it up--according to the datasheet or to the label marking in your picture?

Attachments

·
Registered
374 Posts
This is from the XINXI datasheet from their website, but it is not consistent with itself and is labelled in reverse to the picture you posted.
Looks like it matches to me Kenny. Your socket lines up perfect with his pinns. They need to be mirror image to plug together

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
The problem is the datasheet from Xinxi doesn't match what he has in the kit--so which "reference" is correct? and how was it wired internally? If he connects it wrong something will burn up inside. Better ask the elcon dudes what they recommend.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts