I'm happy to present you the Electric Car Market Overview.
My intention was to create a useful and simple tool that gives you a birds-eye view of the market.
It is available to anyone free of charge. https://evcompare.io/market/
The EV Market Overview looks like this:
How to use it?
1. Choose the cars you want to compare or analyze the entire market. You have a whole set of filters at your disposal. Filter by body style, price, make, status, drive type and DC charging capability.
2. Select the specs to be shown on each axis. The following options are available: Range, Battery pack capacity, Acceleration, Engine Power, Engine Torque and Efficiency.
3. Watch how do different electric models compare on your custom chart and discover interesting interrelations and trends.
4. Hover on a car to see more info. Click on it to go to the model page, which contains a detailed description, high-quality photos, video reviews, safety ratings and Disqus widget to share your impression with other EV Compare users.
1. Range and battery pack capacity are closely related (what a surprise). But look how far the Tesla Roadster concept has gone!
2. There is only a slight correlation between range and MSRP. So the higher price does not necessarily mean greater range. What’s more, there is a noticeable gap in the middle, which signifies a lack of mid-range EVs.
3. Another important thing to mention is the inverse relationship between battery pack size and efficiency. It is more visible among high-end EVs.
4.Tesla's superiority is clear. No matter what specs you choose, Tesla models are always on the top forcing other automakers to catch up.
All in all, playing with the chart gives food for thought. Have you noticed anything remarkable? Share it with the EV community
Your feedback (questions, comments or suggestions) will be appreciated.