DIY Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, started old/new project. You can see the build throu these youtube links :

Three episode so far, also done a small testrun in latest video.

BR Per

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, another episode in the Electric Landrover build, enjoy !

BR Per

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Hi Per

I'm enjoying your Landrover build. Just thinking about emc approval, maybe don't change to hyper9, get Soliton jr from Rebbl in Netherlands with EMC approval.

Or I would choose HPEVS AC motor and Curtis controller personally. Also come EMC approved in Europe. There was a company in Scandinavia who made electric boats and use HPEVS and Curtis with EMC approval but I can't remember their name or find them. But many other companies sell these.

Cheers
Tyler

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Also I was thinking about your motor, if you read the DC motor thread about advancing the timing you can get some better rpm speed from the motor and I am sure you can use more amps also because you do not use full throttle for long periods normally.

What settings are you running in the Kelly controller? A Soliton jr would be very effective with that motor I believe when you advance the timing a bit and optimise the motor a bit more for automotive use. Lots of opportunity for good performance and not spending lots of money. Soliton will take 6 Tesla modules also if you like and can set motor voltage separately to protect the lower voltage of your motor or upgrade later.

Good luck.

Cheers
Tyler

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you , Tyler ! Appreciate your input. I check alternatives and really think this throu, you dont want to get stuck in a bad solution with no possibilities for improvments in future.

BR Per

1 - 8 of 8 Posts